Sunday, June 06, 2010

On The Trail...Morning at Mosaic Canyon

Illustration Friday
(theme: "TRAIL")

Another one from the files...

This watercolor was painted a few years back after a trip to Death Valley with Dave. This scene is from a morning hike up Mosaic Canyon. If you look closely, you can see a bit of the trail winding up this exquisitely sculptured, colorful canyon; but you will have to imagine the rest of it as it winds up from the valley floor in the hazy distance...


Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

Coreopsis said...

Lovely lovely painting! Marvelous technique!

Dffinley said...

This great. I especially like the blends of blues and oranges.

Unknown said...

...Thanks--this was a fun exercise trying out a limited palette with complimentary colors...

Mr. Spoqui said...

Your drawing gives me desire of travelling...

Anonymous said...

beautiful! you're a great artist =)

k.h.whitaker said...

really beautiful illustration

faeorain said...

Gorgeous color...fantastic!

Linda Hensley said...

Very nice. I like the way the paint runs in the stones.

Sally Taylor said...

Gorgeous!

justdoodleit said...

Brilliant! Love the rocky terrain and textures!

theartofpuro said...

Wonderful!The colours and the concept are amazing!I'd like to menage to use watercolours like this:)

roberto M. said...

This is a watercolour?. Very good!

Anonymous said...

wow, just wow..
i'd kill for a talent like yours
I kid I kid I'd only wound! :)

Janet at New Moon Glass said...

I have to agree with every previous comment!