Friday, May 02, 2008

Featured Photo...BEE-YOUTIFUL PINK TULIPS


About two weeks ago my friend Mary and I had the delight of attending the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival in Woodburn, Oregon...the first sunny day in a long, long time.

The tulips were glorious and as if that weren't enough, I was treated to my very first helicopter ride!

This little bee was enjoying the tulips as much as we were, especially these extra-fancy pink ones that hardly even look like a tulip.

I can't wait to paint this image, plus about a hundred more that I took for reference photos for paintings. If you would like to know more about the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm
or receive one of their catalogues, visit this link: Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm
They have great growing tips for bulbs and hundreds of varieties to choose from. I like the field mix, because it's like a grab bag and you don't know what kind of fantastic tulips you've received until they bloom! (And they're always spectacular....)

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: